The Executive Assistant supports the Executive Director and senior staff as necessary. This will include a significant amount of administrative work but will also involve helping Food For Free create and implement new systems and policies and taking on special projects. You will be required to attend board meetings which occur in the evenings and events, which may take place during evenings or weekends.
You’ll be exposed to all aspects of our amazing organization, from budgeting to board meetings to program/operations to the challenges and requirements of an expanding business. We are a small office with passionate and committed staff doing incredible things. We’re looking for someone energetic, creative, intelligent, professional, crazy-responsible, detail-oriented, and also passionate about getting healthy food to people who need it. A sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative support activities which require handling business-sensitive and confidential information
- Coordinate meeting logistics, book conference room, issue agenda, secure catering, take minutes, and follow up on action points as needed both internally and board-related
- Manage expenses, including paying bills, issuing invoices, and tracking employee spending
- Generate financial reports for board/finance committee and for trend analysis
- With guidance from the Executive Director, identify needed policies and procedures, including an employee handbook, and lead the creation/implementation
- Assist with special projects, staff training and other general office tasks as needed or assigned
- Act as liaison to student groups wishing to engage with Food For Free
- Make suggestions, solve problems, expand your role, and help us increase our impact!
Skills, knowledge, and experience:
- At least 3 years of professional experience with excellent references
- Positive attitude and ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills, with great attention to detail
- Strong calendaring and organizational skills
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with staff and other stakeholders
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with - or ability to quickly learn – QuickBooks and reporting in Excel
- Passion for fighting hunger and/or food waste
- Send cover letter and resume to Sasha Purpura: email@example.com
- Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line