Seeking supervolunteers: Beverage Captain, Food Wrangler, and Volunteer Coordinator!
Help us raise $70,000 for our Food Rescue and Distribution programs!
We're seeking helpers for
2 "supervolunteer" roles for our signature annual fundraiser, the Party Under the Harvest Moon
These roles are great for folks who want to learn about nonprofit fundraising and events
. They may also be a fit for folks with industry connections
, but that's not at all essential. What is essential is that potential volunteers are organized, dedicated, and can devote 1-3 hours a week
to chip away at the tasks between now and October.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with 1-2 paragraphs summarizing why you're interested, any relevant past experience, and why you think you'd be a great fit.
Beverage Captain — this role has been filled!
Party Food Wrangler
The Food Wrangler will assist Food For Free's Development Director in soliciting donations of food for our Party Under the Harvest Moon event, which is in October.
The Food Wrangler will:
- Work alongside Food For Free's Development Director to recruit 20-25 food donors for our October fundraising event.
- Contact restaurants, bakeries, caterers, and other potential donors via phone and email to ask for donations of food
- Communicate with potential and confirmed donors with professionalism and patience
- Maintain accurate records (using Excel or Open Office Calc) of all communications and their results
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all necessary information is collected and transmitted to Food For Free staff and the Party Food Chair
- Be available to communicate with donors and with Food For Free staff *most* weeks from July 1 through October 14
- Ideally, the Food Wrangler will also volunteer at the Party Under the Harvest Moon itself on the night of October 14, but this is not a requirement.
Before the event:
During the event:
- Work alongside the office staff to fill about 80 volunteer
positions at the event (October 14) by:
- Using their own personal contacts
- Managing and cheerleading the networking efforts of the Party Committee
- Using appropriate email lists, online communities, and other
recruitment tools, as needed
- Note that Food For Free does have an active roster of volunteers to pull from.
- Ensure that each volunteer has the right skills and qualifications for their role
- Work with the office staff to maintain accurate and complete records of volunteer contact information and commitments
- Communicate with volunteers, both proactively and responsively, to make sure that they have the information they need (shift details, accessibility info., directions, etc.) to complete their roles
After the event:
- Serve as the main point of contact for volunteers during the
Party under the Harvest Moon, including:
- Being on site from 5 pm until 11 pm on October 14
- Greeting volunteers as they arrive and direct them to the relevant Team Leader
- Answering volunteer questions, seeking support and guidance from staff and Team Leaders, as necessary
- Work with the office staff to ensure that all volunteers are
thanked for their efforts