Food For Free’s 2013 Party Under the Harvest Moon is expected to raise over $50,000 for our Produce Rescue program. Our annual silent auction is responsible for about a quarter of funds raised, and we need your help! If you’d be willing to ask a few friends or local businesses for donations, or take the lead on putting together a package for the auction, consider this your invitation to join Team Auction!
What kinds of tasks will “Team Auction” volunteers do? Depending on your interests and time, you might:
- Commit to either making 1-5 donation requests, or coordinating one “package” for our silent auction
- Work with Veronica Barron, Events Coordinator, to brainstorm new businesses that would be great for the auction (your favorite neighborhood places; businesses where you have a personal connection; etc.)
- Help with mailings, spreadsheets, etc.
- Be referred to as “Team Awesome” by Veronica and other members of Food For Free staff
Interested in joining Team Auction/Awesome? Please fill out our volunteer application. Include a note in the Comments section to let us know that you’re interested in joining Team Auction.
If you’re not familiar with our silent auction, here’s a bit more information to get your creative juices flowing.
What kind of packages might you coordinate for the auction?
—“The Best Square in Camberville” packages – Choose your neighborhood—Central, Inman, Davis, Harvard, Union, or Porter—and help compile a package of donated items and gift certificates from that neighborhood’s fine local businesses. During the auction, we’ll announce which square is currently “winning” to keep bids moving—a little bit of friendly competition, to benefit those in need in all six neighborhoods!
—Food packages/baskets – chocolate-lover’s/coffee-lover’s/cheese-lover’s basket? Instant-picnic-in-the-park (wine, cheese, red checked tablecloth)? Your ideas welcome.
What other kinds of items might you be helping us acquire? Things like:
—Restaurant gift certificates
—Weekend “rentals” of vacation homes
This would be a great volunteer opportunity for:
- those who’d like a touch of nonprofit/development/events experience for your résumé
- for those who know (and love!) their local businesses
- those who want to take on a limited-in-scope but very important role in helping our Party successfully raise the funds we need!
Thanks for your consideration! If you’re interested, please get in touch ASAP and share your awesomeness with us!