Mark your calendar, tune-up your bike, and put your sunblock on! (Ok, you can probably wait on the last one.) This year’s Three Squares New England Ride for Food is September 21, 2014.
What is the Ride For Food?
The Ride For Food is an opportunity for you to ride your bike and fundraise for Food For Free’s Produce Rescue Program, which rescues fresh food from farms and grocery stores and delivers it to 85+ emergency food programs in eight Greater Boston cities.
You’ll be joining a team that includes Food For Free staff, several of whom rode last year and can attest that the routes are gorgeous, the community spirit is infectious, and the fundraising is actually a lot of fun! Read more about last year’s ride.
Tell me more.
- Riders are asked to aim for $1,000 in personal fundraising on a best-efforts basis.
- We provide a personal fundraising page, plus tips, tools, and support to make it easy (fun, even!) to raise $1,000.
- The Ride includes breakfast and lunch for all riders, as well as plentiful snacks and ride support at stops along the routes.
- Registration is $75 and goes toward Ride expenses.
- All three routes are scheduled to end between 11:30 and 12 for a big lunch party and raffle. Start times are staggered:
- 50 miles: 7:30am check in opens; 8:15 ride starts
- 25 miles: 8:30am check in opens; 9:15 ride starts
- 13 miles: 9:45 check in opens; 10:15 ride starts
- The Ride starts and ends at Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, MA.
Sign me up!
Registration is now open, and is limited to the first 200 riders. Join the Food For Free team today!