Food For Free is hiring an energetic person to work on our annual Harvest Moon fundraising event. This event has historically been run entirely by volunteers, but we’re in need of additional help this year, our 30th anniversary celebration. The person we hire will lead the execution of the silent auction, will coordinate all the volunteer committee efforts leading up to, and on the actual day of the event, and coordinate with Food for Free staff on event details.
Silent Auction Duties include:
– Working with board members and volunteers to organize the collection of silent auction items. It will not be this person’s responsibility to actually source the donations.
– Create program content and bidding packages for the silent auction.
– Create bid sheets and silent auction displays to be set up the day of the event.
Volunteer Coordination Duties include:
– Leading up to the event, ensure that each committee has everything in place for the day of the event.
– Serve as point person on day of the event to all the different volunteer committee members: decoration and lighting, silent auction, food service, entertainment, event speakers, etc.
The Harvest Moon event will take place at MIT’s Morss Hall in Cambridge, MA on Friday, October 14th. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, flexible, a good communicator, and wants to have some fun while planning a party for a great nonprofit. This position is both temporary and part-time and will be paid an hourly wage commensurate with experience. Please send an email to mam0438[AT]gmail[DOT]com if you’re interested in filling this position. Be sure to include why you think you would be a good fit as well as any specific salary requirements. Please respond no later than August 1, 2011.