Ride for Food 2017!
Sunday, September 24
Whether you’re the spandex-wearing 50-mile type, or more interested in a relaxing ride for a good cause, if you like biking and want to help keep our anti-hunger work rolling, we want you on our team!
- This year’s Ride for Food is September 24th, 2017. Rides start between ~7:30 and 10:30am (depending on route), and all rides end at lunchtime so we can celebrate together with lunch, music, and a raffle!
- Ride bikes: Choose from a 10, 25, or 50-mile ride along smooth, gorgeous roads. For a beginner-friendly ride, choose the 10-mile route—most folks can complete this route in ~1.5 hours. For a longer, more challenging ride, sign up for 25 or 50 miles. Breakfast, lunch, & snacks provided! Riders aged 14+ are welcome.
- Fight hunger: All riders are asked to fundraise at least $1,000. The funds you raise help make fresh, healthy food accessible to everyone!
- How does fundraising work? Each rider gets a personal fundraising webpage. Most people reach their goals by asking their friends, family, and co-workers to contribute. Others get sponsorships from their employers or throw dinner parties & yard sales to collect donations. Food For Free offers lots of support along the way!
- Where? Rides begin and end at Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, MA. Need a ride from Cambridge? We can provide! Just let us know in advance
- When? Sunday, September 24, 2017. 7 - 10:30 am: Rides begin. Start time depends on which route you choose. 12 - 1:30 pm: Rides end. Festive lunch & party for riders & their families!
- Why ride? Food For Free believes that healthy food belongs to everyone. That no one should go without, when there is plenty to go around. We think you agree, so we’re inviting you to join us!