- This event has passed.
Ride for Food 2015
Sunday, September 20, 2015
Maybe you're a spandex-wearing 50-mile type, or maybe a shorter, relaxing ride for a good cause is more your style. Either way, if you like biking and want to help keep our anti-hunger work rolling, we want you on our team! Last year, our team of 20 riders included casual cyclists, families, bike commuters, spandex-wearers, bike delivery professionals, a costumed rider, and even a pup being toted by bike trailer.Don't want to ride? Join us by donating—every dollar donated helps us earn bonus funding from the Ride for Food!
Together, these 20 riders raised over $20,000 for Produce Rescue! This year, will you join us?
Registration is now open—join our team!
- This year's Ride for Food is September 20th, 2015. Rides start between 7:30 & 10:15am, depending on route. All rides end between 11:30 and 12pm so we can celebrate together with lunch, music, and a raffle!
- Choose from a 10, 25, or 50-mile ride along smooth, gorgeous roads. Most "regular person" riders (i.e. "I own a bike, but I only use it occasionally") can complete the 10-mile course in 1-1.5 hours.
- The Ride for Food asks riders to aim high: all riders are asked to aim for at least $1000 in personal fundraising on a best efforts basis. Most riders do this by asking their friends, family, and co-workers to contribute. Others get sponsorships from their employers or throw dinner parties & yard sales to collect donations. Don't worry; we'll provide you with plenty of help along the way!
- Registration is $75 and goes toward Ride expenses. Want to ride for free? Raise at least $1000 and Food For Free will reimburse your registration fee!
- All routes begin and end at the Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, MA. Need a ride to Dedham? Food For Free is offering rides this year for the first time—email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your spot!
- Enjoy a fully supported ride with breakfast, lunch, and snacks along the routes! Plus, there are lots of fun activities for kids & non-riding SOs: music, facepainting, kids activities, & mechanics lessons from Femmechanics!
- Every dollar raised through the Ride for Food counts extra: the more we raise, the more bonus funding we receive from the Ride for Food.
- This year, our team goal is to raise $22,000 total for our Food Rescue and Delivery programs. Joining the team is a great way to make a big impact in helping provide healthy food for all!