Empty Bowls: menu preview + radio spot
Hard to believe that our Empty Bowls
benefit is only two days away! Tickets
are still available...do you have yours?
What's on the menu?
We have an amazing array of soups, including options for vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores
, as well as dairy-free and gluten-free options
Here are just a few:
- Whole Foods, our fabulous food donation partner, is sponsoring this year's Empty Bowls and sending us ten tasty gallons of Mother's Chicken Soup. Mmm.
- Viale is cooking up some Turkey-Cabbage-White Bean Soup for us.
- Hong Kong Restaurant is sending a batch of Hot and Sour.
- Harvard University is sending us a trio: Indian Corn Chowder, Cream of Mushroom, and Tofu Coconut Soup.
- We'll have homemade Tomato Soup from Cutty's Deli
- Fire Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Highland Kitchen
- Curried Lentil with Roasted Root Vegetables from Season to Taste
- And more—check out all of our amazing soup donors!
Fortunately, you don't have to choose just one—sample as many as you like!
How does this help?
As Sasha explains in this Radio BDC
"Poverty is a full-time job."
This benefit event provides relief to individuals and families who could use a hand when it comes to food access.
"Bad food is cheap food. And if people are really trying to choose between paying the rent and eating, they're gonna feed their kids, if they can...So you're gonna pick the thing you can afford to make their bellies full, but it's not necessarily nutritious."
"I want to give a shoutout Mudflat...So much heart and soul has gone into this event, so much of people's time and talent spent on...helping build stronger communities where people are healthy." —Sasha Purpura
See you there!
This entry was posted in events
and tagged Cutty's
, Empty Bowls
, Harvard University
, Harvard University Dining Services
, Highland Kitchen
, Hong Kong Restaurant
, Mudflat Pottery School
, Radio BDC
, Season to Taste Catering
, Whole Foods
. Bookmark the permalink