Food For Free is hiring a part-time Operations Coordinator to 1) provide logistical support to Food For Free programs, including school markets and Family Meals; 2) rescue and deliver food; and 3) provide administrative support to the Operations Director. This position is 20 hours/week, pays $15/hour, and reports to the Operations Director.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Food Rescue and Delivery
- Rescue food from supermarkets and other locations to deliver to recipient agencies.
- Rescue produce from farmers’ markets (seasonal)
- Fill in for other drivers in the event of absence
- School Markets
- Coordinate and deliver rescued bread, purchased produce, and other food items
- Coordinate Greater Boston Food Bank order with Program Director
- Provide day-of support for school markets
- Family Meals
- Coordinate with Family Meals Program Manager to develop and maintain an efficient stock rotation protocol
- Deliver and pickup food for Family Meals Administrative Support
- Prepare reports and invoices
- Maintain monthly food tracking spreadsheet
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to social justice, and food justice in particular
- Personal honesty and integrity
- Maturity and sound judgment
- A high level of organization and time-management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Previous experience operating commercial vehicles (up to 26,000 lbs.GVW) or willingness to learn to operate vehicle type on narrow city streets and in traffic conditions
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions in all seasons, including inclement weather, extreme heat and cold
- Experience or willingness to learn to operate pallet jack.
- Must be able to utilize mobile devices for daily record keeping
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Ryan Lee at email@example.com.